Global HR Global human resources trends and news coverage for employers and HR professionals.
- How Toxic Masculinity Is Ruining Your Workplace Cultureby Holly Althof on March 6, 2021 at 5:00 am
- Military Employment Resource Pageon March 4, 2021 at 1:51 am
Military employment resources from SHRM
- UK: Stale Training Won’t Protect Employer from Liability for Harassmentby Sarah Gilzean © Morton Fraser on March 1, 2021 at 10:00 am
U.K. employers need to ensure training is regularly refreshed so it remains effective.
- Hong Kong’s COVID-19 Vaccination Program: Considerations for Employersby Duncan A. W. Abate © Mayer Brown on February 26, 2021 at 10:00 am
Every employer in Hong Kong should consider how the vaccination program could impact its business and which questions it may face from employees and customers.
- U.S. House of Representatives Passes Equality Actby Allen Smith, J.D. on February 25, 2021 at 10:00 am
On Feb. 25, the U.S. House of Representatives passed the Equality Act, a bill that proposes to amend federal civil rights law to prohibit discrimination against LGBTQ…
- COVID-19 Measures Adopted in Dubai and Abu Dhabiby Charles S. Laubach and Dimple Soni © Afridi & Angell on February 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
The Dubai Supreme Committee of Crisis and Disaster Management and the Abu Dhabi Emergency Crisis and Disasters Committee for COVID-19 Pandemic in the United Arab…
- Training First-Time Employees? Don’t Forget Soft Skillsby Ilima Loomis on February 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Managing young employees can present challenges, especially if it’s their first experience in the workforce.
- Report: Most Companies Are ‘Going Through the Motions’ of DE&Iby Kathy Gurchiek on February 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Corporate attempts to improve diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) are falling short, according to new research that raises serious doubts about traditional…
- Canada: Ontario, Quebec Ease Lockdown Restrictionsby Catherine Skrzypinski on February 22, 2021 at 10:00 am
Ontario and Quebec both moved into provincewide lockdowns before the start of 2021 to minimize transmission of the COVID-19 virus. The provinces started to ease the…
- UK Supreme Court Says Uber Drivers Are Not Self-Employedby Lisa Nagele-Piazza, J.D., SHRM-SCP on February 22, 2021 at 10:00 am
Uber drivers in the United Kingdom are entitled to worker benefits, such as minimum wage and holiday pay, according to the U.K.’s highest court.
- English Classes Help Retain Immigrant Workersby Debra Cope on February 20, 2021 at 10:00 am
Workplace English-language training programs can open career paths to employees while helping employers retain and promote a diverse workforce.
- Companies in India Make Plans to Vaccinate Staffby Shefali Anand on February 19, 2021 at 10:00 am
As the Indian government advances its COVID-19 vaccination program, some companies are making plans to vaccinate their employees as soon as possible.
- UK Employers Should Avoid COVID-19 Furlough Fraud Violationsby Dinah Wisenberg Brin on February 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
U.K. employers that have claimed government grants to keep employees on the payroll during the pandemic should make sure they can show their claims were made properly,…
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities Draw Employers’ Interestby Kathy Gurchiek on February 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
The hiring rate for graduates of historically black colleges and universities (HBCUs) shot up an average 5.9 percent a year from 2016 through 2019, according to the…
- Viewpoint: Optimizing Global Mobility’s Emergency Response Plansby Roberto Vale on February 12, 2021 at 10:00 am
A year into the pandemic, one of the persistent questions within global mobility teams is how to inject additional resilience into their emergency response plans.
- China’s New Civil Code and Its Impact on Harassmentby Matthew Durham © Gall on February 12, 2021 at 10:00 am
The new People’s Republic of China (PRC) Civil Code took effect on Jan. 1, establishing important new principles on what constitutes sexual harassment and introducing…
- Young Professionals Struggle to Find Comfort Amid the Pandemicby Andrew Deichler on February 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
The effects of the COVID-19 pandemic appear to be hitting young people the hardest, according to new research. Concerns about the virus itself, combined with economic…
- The Third UK Lockdown and Its Employment Implicationsby Katie Nadworny on February 10, 2021 at 10:00 am
As the U.K. settles into its third lockdown, employees are struggling to balance work responsibilities, child care duties and mental health in the face of an uncertain…
- UK: Can an Employer Monitor Its Remote Employees Under GDPR?by Ben Nolan © Fox Williams LLP on February 9, 2021 at 10:00 am
More tech companies are providing products that help monitor U.K. employees who are working from home. One question that has arisen is whether employers can use these…
- Viewpoint: The Forgotten Dimension of Diversityby Paul Ingram on February 8, 2021 at 10:00 am
There are some good examples of well-designed policies and practices that counteract class disadvantage and pursue equity and organizational performance by recruiting,…