Global HR Global human resources trends and news coverage for employers and HR professionals.
- UK: Disability Workforce Reporting Consultation Launchedby Sarah Hooton © Browne Jacobson LLP on January 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
A consultation has been launched into whether workforce reporting on disability should be introduced for U.K. employers with 250 or more employees.
- Beyond the Numbers: Creating a Truly Diverse Organizationby Arlene S. Hirsch on January 21, 2022 at 10:00 am
When organizations make perfunctory or symbolic efforts to give the appearance of inclusiveness, employees (and candidates) from marginalized or under-represented groups…
- Italy: New Measures May Impact Most Employers Planning Layoffsby Uberto Percivalle on January 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
New restrictions in Italy apply to more than just offshoring situations. Employers that are planning layoffs in Italy should carefully consider the new provisions.
- European Back-to-Work Plans Delayed amid COVID-19 Resurgenceby Dinah Wisenberg Brin on January 20, 2022 at 10:00 am
Amid the latest COVID-19 surge, employers and employees across Europe have pushed back return-to-work plans with government encouragement.
- UAE: More on the Workweek Changes in the Public Sectorby © Amereller on January 14, 2022 at 10:00 am
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) government recently announced a new workweek for all public-sector employees.
- How Does Your Company Support ‘First-Generation Professionals’?by Martha Burwell and Bernice Maldonado on January 14, 2022 at 10:00 am
As employers strive to make their workplaces more inclusive, they shouldn’t overlook first-generation professionals (FGPs). Also known as As employers strive to make…
- Ontario Bars Employee Noncompete Agreementsby Dinah Wisenberg Brin on January 13, 2022 at 10:00 am
Ontario recently became the first Canadian province to bar employers from entering into noncompete agreements with employees.
- The Next Level of Diversity for Companies in Indiaby Shefali Anand on January 12, 2022 at 10:00 am
Diversity and inclusion have taken on greater prominence for companies in India in recent years, with more firms wanting to build an equitable workplace.
- Across Latin America, COVID-19 Vaccine Mandates Varyby Leah Shepherd on January 12, 2022 at 10:00 am
Countries throughout Latin America have been re-examining and revising their laws as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to pose a threat to public health.
- Internship Leads to Job, Lesson in Self-Advocacyby Kathy Gurchiek on January 12, 2022 at 10:00 am
An internship at American Express in 2021 led to an offer for a full-time job when college student Mausam Mehta graduates in May, and taught her the importance of…
- 7 Key Trends from the SHRM India Annual Conference 2021by Shefali Anand on January 10, 2022 at 10:00 am
The role of HR professionals has evolved significantly amid the COVID-19 pandemic, but more change is expected in the year ahead, according to HR experts speaking at the…
- UAE: The Workweek Changes for Public-Sector Employeesby Sarah Lawrence and Habib Saeed © Squire Patton Boggs on January 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
The United Arab Emirates (UAE) authorities have announced that for public-sector employees, the workweek will be reduced to four-and-a-half days, with the weekend…
- South Africa: When You Protect Whistleblowers, You Protect Your Businessby Zaakir Mohamed © CMS South Africa on January 7, 2022 at 10:00 am
Recent news stories have highlighted the role whistleblowers played in curbing international financial crimes, bringing to light alleged financial mismanagement and the…
- Experts Share DE&I, Training Forecasts for 2022by Kathy Gurchiek on January 6, 2022 at 10:00 am
Peering into the swirling mists of the new year, HR leaders share their predictions for organizational and employee development; diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I);…
- UK: Guidance Released to Assist Employers with Hybrid Workingby Laura Anthony © Dentons on December 29, 2021 at 10:00 am
New practical guidance was recently released on hybrid working in the UK. The guidance covers recruitment, health and safety, and ensuring policies and practices are…
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Work in 2021by Kathy Gurchiek on December 29, 2021 at 10:00 am
A report that found most companies are ‘going through the motions’ of diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) efforts was the top SHRM Online DE&I article in 2021. Read…
- Ontario: COVID-19 Infectious Disease Emergency Leave Extendedby Alice Wang and Michael S. Richards © DLA Piper on December 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Officials in Ontario, Canada, recently extended temporary COVID-19 safety measures through July 30, 2022.
- Gender Discrimination in the Chinese Workplaceby Katie Nadworny on December 23, 2021 at 10:00 am
Allowing women to advance further in their careers will require shifts at many levels, and any initiatives must address discrimination in education, hiring processes and…
- Ontario Government Grants Workers Right to Disconnectby Catherine Skrzypinski on December 21, 2021 at 10:00 am
As many people work from home to avoid the risks posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Ontario government has passed legislation to help workers disconnect from their…
- Find Ways to Help All Employees Celebrate Their Holidaysby Katie Navarra on December 21, 2021 at 10:00 am
While Christmas carols, movies and commercials fill our screens and radios, not everyone celebrates the holiday or wants to be off work on Dec. 25. Here are examples of…