SHRM HR News HR news and trends from The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Changes Made to Paid Sick Leave for British Columbia Employeesby Dianne Rideout © McMillan LLP on May 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
The British Columbia government amended the new paid sick leave provision to reference the “calendar year” rather than the “employment year”—simplifying the provision’s…
- Implementing Alternative Workweek Schedules in Californiaby A. Scott Ruygrok, Sayaka Karitani and Jeanette R. Youngblood © Jackson Lewis on May 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
Under California law, employees normally accrue daily overtime for hours worked over eight hours in a day. Alternative workweek schedules permit workplaces to adopt…
- Dubai, UAE, Financial Services Authority Whistleblowing Regime Has Taken Effectby Philip Clarke, Kiersten Lucas, Emily Aryeetey and Laura Anderson © Stephenson Harwood LLP on May 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
Changes made to ensure more consistent procedures and policies pertaining to whistleblowers in Dubai, United Arab Emirates (UAE), have taken effect.
- Apple Puts Plans to Work in the Office Three Days a Week on Holdon May 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
Noting a recent surge in COVID-19 cases, Apple Inc. informed employees May 17 that it is delaying its plans to require employees to work in the office three days a week.
- McDonald’s, Siemens Exit Russiaon May 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
McDonald’s and Siemens are planning to sell their businesses in Russia, the companies recently announced, the latest companies in a long list of organizations to do so…