SHRM HR News HR news and trends from The Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
- Can Employers Require Vaccines for Those Who Have Gotten COVID-19?by Allen Smith, J.D. on July 28, 2021 at 4:00 am
Federal law allows employers to mandate COVID-19 vaccines for employees who’ve been infected with COVID-19 and those who haven’t, legal experts say.
- New York Employers Must Act Immediately to Comply with HERO Actby Amanda M. Blair and Melissa (Osipoff) Camire © Fisher Phillips on July 28, 2021 at 4:00 am
Employers in the Empire State must take these steps to comply with statutory requirements aimed at preventing the spread of infectious disease in the workplace.
- New Hampshire Adopts Paid Leave Programby Debra Weiss Ford and Nancy E. Oliver © Jackson Lewis on July 28, 2021 at 4:00 am
Gov. Chris Sununu recently signed the New Hampshire budget, which includes a voluntary program called the Granite State Paid Family Leave Plan. Here’s what employers need to know.
- How to Develop a COVID-19 Employee Vaccination Policyby Susan M. Miller, Robert A. Phillips, Roberta L. Schwartz, H. Dirk Sostman, Carole Hackett, and Marc L. Boom on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
A seven-step process that can help employers decide whether to mandate that their workers be vaccinated against COVID-19, with guidelines for allowing workers to be…
- Military Personnel in a Civilian Workforce: Top 5 USERRA Questionsby Amy Quick Glenos © Ogletree Deakins on July 27, 2021 at 8:00 am
Employers are likely, at some point, to receive a military leave request or questions related to the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)….